Shortlist Email this job
Middle School (grades 6-8) Health Teacher; Guatemala City; 2018/19 school year
General school profile:
This vacancy is for an independent, non-profit, non-denominational, co-educational, bi-cultural, bilingual (English-Spanish), college preparatory institution in Guatemala City that offers a rigorous academic program modelled after the best educational practices and methodologies of the US.
The teacher needs to have experience with social emotional frameworks and be equipped to teach an in-depth and well-rounded health education class. The teacher will deliver a curriculum that advances topics such as nutrition, substance abuse prevention, human growth and development, and family life. Individuality and mutual respect are central to all Health Education courses.
- Master’s degree preferred and/or related degree in Health Education and appropriate coursework in content area to be taught OR a degree in Anatomy, Physiology, Biology, Psychology or related content area with teacher certification.
- Experience teaching health at middle or high school levels.
- Experience teaching health and social-emotional learning at the middle school level.
- At least three years of health teaching experience at the middle school level.
- License to teach health education.
- Experience teaching in student-centred learning environments and with collaborative practices.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Experience with student enrichment and advisory programs.
- An understanding of Standards Based Grading.